The Wichita Falls Family Practice Residency Program to dedicate conference room to beloved physician| Categories: Miscellaneous
Wichita Falls, Texas – Friends, family and colleagues of the late Dr. D. Clifford Burross will gather Wednesday, June 16, 2010 from 5:30 – 7:30 pm at the Wichita Falls Family Health Center located at 1301 Third Street to dedicate the Dr. D. Clifford Burross conference room and celebrate his impact on the North Central Texas Medical Foundation and the Wichita Falls Family Practice Residency Program.
Dr. Burross was a native of Wichita Falls and established his practice as a family physician in 1957 and cared for his patients until his retirement from private practice in 1990. He then dedicated himself as full time Program Director of the Wichita Falls Family Practice Residency Program where he retired in August 31, 2002. He died in 2009 at the age of 80.
He served as a founding member of the North Central Texas Medical Foundation and was a member of its Board of Directors for three terms. Dr. Burross was an advocate and the key person responsible for implementing the Residency Program here in Wichita Falls.
The Wichita Falls Family Practice Residency program was started in 1979 and has 8 residents per year for a total maximum of 24 residents. Faculty includes full-time family physicians in addition to approximately 75 physicians in private practice in the Wichita Falls area who serve as volunteer faculty. It is a well-established, community based, accredited program (8-8-8) that has graduated 138 residents with a 96% pass rate on their first attempt of the American Board of Family Physicians certification exam. Of those graduates 40 are currently practicing in the Wichita Falls area and 88 in the state of Texas.